For most of us, letting our wireless device go without a protective case just isn’t something we would consider. However, the material from which it is made is often open for discussion. This is because your options for iPhone and iPad case materials, styles, colors, and features are virtually limitless. For the purposes of this article, though, we are only interested in one of those features: durability. How tough is your case? Is it rugged enough to withstand your busy (and often clumsy) lifestyle?
Where some of the most common case materials are concerned, the answer to that question is generally “no”. When used alone, they are simply too lightweight and thin to prevent damage from heavy impacts, and there are a few other functional elements that you should keep in mind:
- If you’re using a leather case, your geographic location will affect the aesthetic and function of your case. For those of you who live in areas with high levels of humidity, you can expect the lifespan of your leather iPhone case to be shortened when exposed to humid air.
- Most cases do not offer any level of protection for the fragile screen of our beloved iDevices. Simply laying your phone face-down without thinking can result in a shattered screen and expensive repair bill.
Finally, most cases hide the best features of what is an otherwise very attractive device. We opened this article by stating that we would never ever leave our phones uncovered, but that has nothing to do with how we feel about the look of any Apple product. In fact, one of the guiding principles behind the unique and collaborative cradl design is that we wanted to show off the beauty of our phones without leaving them exposed to any of life’s potential hazards.
We accomplished that goal by taking a “less is more” approach, and rather than choosing a single material for the protection of your device, we melded the benefits of having a rigid inner structure surrounded by a flexible outer shell. Wouldn’t you agree that the end result is both durable and quite stylish? Other features we know you’ll love include:
- Clever card storage in our Bubbles and Blocks models
- Raised corners that protect your screen from making contact with any surface
- An angled rocker switch for volume you can feel
- Vibrant color combinations
In the iPhone’s earlier days, your case choices may have been limited. Today, however, your options are far more diverse, and we’re positive you’ll love cradl cases just as much as we do! Head over to our online store and choose your favorite color today.